starting with japan...

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Typhoon #14





Today Wakayama-ken braced for the outskirts of Typhoon #14, whose eye has hit and flooded parts of Kyushu...so my friend Corri and I figured we should head to the beach near us and check out the waves. It's an angry ocean out there. Above are some pics. There were some surfers out on the water too. Now, tonight, the storm is here and my windows are shaking and seem like they might blow out. That's an exaggeration, but they are definitely rocking back and fourth in their frames. Should have filled my washing machine with water like my supervisor said. Now there is a warning coming over the town's loud speakers, not a lot of help when you can't understand the language much...gotta study my Nihon-go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free counter