starting with japan...

Saturday, September 03, 2005

feeling further away from home

I read the news in disbelief of what is going on in the South...I cannot even begin to comprehend the chaos and devastation. I have been trying to keep up to date on developments, but the words and pictures do not suffice as usual, though they are better than nothing. Being in another country, hearing about the worsening tragedy at home thousands of miles away makes the distance seem years away...I am tomorrow, you are yesterday. And nobody here speaks about it, while it must be the first thing spoken about in the morning over there. Never even been to Louisiana or Mississippi, never got to New Orleans, know few to no people there directly that I can think of, but this week I have felt further away. Sorry to ramble, but I hope that everyone who knows someone, or knows someone who knows someone, etc. is doing alright, my thoughts are there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free counter