starting with japan...

Sunday, July 16, 2006

soubetsukai


So, I cried. I had originally intended to give my speech at the goodbye party with my Board of Education, in English and then Japanese, but I got so choked up as we were getting ready to begin, that I figured I couldn't handle speaking in English. So I stuttered and sniffled through my prepared and practiced speech. I think that most of it was understandable. My good friend and co-worker, Emi, was crying too, which made it harder to keep my compusure. But in a way, considering the language barrier that I have with most of the people I work with, it felt good to be able to express what this year has meant to me, even if it was through tears. Body language is a marvelous thing, and the goodbye was a good one.



We chatted and drank, barely ate (nobody ever does at these things), I got some goodbye gifts and a wonderful scrapbook from Emi, and then we went off to Karaoke for dancing and singing. Only three more formal goodbye's to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free counter