starting with japan...

Friday, May 19, 2006

Attempts to catch-up (in pics at least): April-May, in chronological order

Hanami Party at Wakayama Castle


Tigers Game at Koshien Stadium

New found family in Kishigawa, where my greatgrandmother grew up--my grandmothers second cousins wife and her daughters and grand-daughter

Hiroshima

Miyajima Island, home to the floating tori, the worlds largest Shamoja and a lot of monkey and deer

brother and dad at Kiyo Mizudera in Kyoto...heavy stuff

double birthdays=double birthday cakes at Miyoko's

festival at Dojoji Temple (more in-depth explanation to come)

Golden week at The International Zen Centre Kyoto (during sesshin)


Kinkakuji and Ginkakuji

1 Comments:

At May 21, 2006 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren,

I'm a new JET who is being posted to Hidakagawa-cho. I just found out my placement on Friday and your blog came up in a google blog search. I'm really excited about coming to Wakayama-ken as it was my first choice for placement. I hope you don't mind me asking but i'm very curious if you are my predecessor? Or, are you staying for another year? If it's OK with you, could I ask you some questions about the town? My e-mail is susannesensei@gmail.com.

~Susanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free counter