starting with japan...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

On the Britanny Tip

To car seat or not to car seat, that is not really a question. But, to contrast the recent news (yes, I have a lot of time on my hands these days and I am a bit addicted to headlines) of Britanny`s unfit mothering, I thought I would offer a tidbit on how they do things here. The Japanese tots tend to ride in the car snuggled between the dash board and the front wind-shield. No joke. I rarely see a child under five (i am limiting this to toddlers) actually sitting, let alone buckled in to, a seat in the car. The boxy, tincan-like k-cars (as they are called, cheaper gas, tolls, insurance) are free for the roaming if you`re not driving, it seems. But, many parents do not hold back on placing a "Child in Car" sticker on their back window, which is another issue in itself (i mean, why only in english and as in any country, if i were about to crash, most likely there would be little time to pick and choose who to collide with. grim thought, but true).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free counter